By Melanie Hirschfelder Berkowitz, C’93, and Kiera Reilly, C’93
You never know what treasures you will find when cleaning out the attic, basement, or boxes of things in the back of a closet. As we countdown the weeks to our 25th Penn reunion #93tothe25th, we are encouraging classmates to share photos, memories or mementos of our time at Penn.
Melanie Hirschfelder Berkowitz, C’93, found some items from Penn in her attic. One was the Spring 1990 issue of Highball Magazine, a humor magazine created by Penn students. This issue is the 35th anniversary issue.
I was cleaning out my attic and found a few mementos from Penn you might be interested in…my personal favorite, an edition of Highball Magazine with a very interesting page inside.
No, not the masthead…
Perhaps this page?
I did not write for Highball, and I’m not sure why I kept it, but the Trump thing was too funny not to share.
What do you have in your attic? Share it with us by emailing email@example.com.
Penn Class of 1993 25th Reunion Countdown
The weekend of June 23 – 24, 2017, marked 46 weeks until the 25th Reunion of the Penn Class of 1993 (May 11 – 14, 2018)!
Join us we count down the weeks to our reunion #93tothe25th:
- Do you have old photos or mementos from our time at Penn? Photos of Spring Fling? Football at Franklin Field? Classes at DRL? We are taking a trip down memory lane and would love for you to share your memories with our class in a future post. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Join our reunion committee – email Lisa Grabelle at email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Classmates are invited to join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
Important hotel update! Overwhelming response from our great class has sold out the Downtown Marriott Class of 1993 room block for Saturday night. Here are alternatives if you are planning the Saturday night stay. We recommend booking ASAP! Please see our class website for additional details:
1. Call the Downtown Marriott directly and book by phone under the “UPenn Alumni Weekend 2018” room block for $259/night. Call (800) 320-5744 (for international classmates, call (215) 625-2900)
2. Book the Downtown Marriott on-line but select “Attendee” from the drop-down menu.
3. Book at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel room block which is directly across the street and $279/night.
4. Book at the Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown room block which is just 2 blocks away and $244/night.