Quakers Come Together to Promote Literacy!
This Alumni Weekend the Netter Center for Community Partnerships is collecting gently used and new children’s books for Bags of Books, a service organization that donates bags full of books to students to take home and keep. All books will be donated to West Philadelphia students served by Penn’s Netter Center.
There are two EASY ways to donate:
- BRING BOOKS FROM HOME: When you pack your bags for Alumni Weekend, don’t forget to bring along some gently used or new children’s books to donate to Penn’s Bags of Books collection. We will be accepting children’s books for all ages – infants through high school students. Clean out your closets and make a difference!
Collection bins will be located at:
- E. Craig Sweeten Alumni House, 3533 Locust Walk (Friday, May 15 – Saturday, May 16 from 9 AM – 5 PM, Sunday, May 17 from 9 AM – 3 PM)
- Netter Center for Community Partnerships, 111 South 38th Street, Second Floor, Class of 1965 Conference Room (Friday, May 15: 1:30 – 3:00 PM) as part of the Class of 1965 & Netter Center Community Service Project
- Basketball Skills & Drills Clinic, David Pottruck Health and Fitness Center, 3701 Walnut Street (Saturday, May 16 from 9 – 11AM)
- BUY BOOKS AT THE BOOKSTORE: When you are shopping at the Penn Bookstore (3601 Walnut Street), we will have books for sale at the front desk. You can add one or two to your purchase when you check out! For a few dollars you can make a difference in a child’s life!
For more information contact Lisa Nass Grabelle, C’93, L’96 at firstname.lastname@example.org.