By Kiera Reilly, C’93
Remember picking up your issue of The Daily Pennsylvanian as you left the High Rises, or walked through Steiny-D? And once a year the stories seemed not quite right? The annual DP Joke issue always caused a stir, with some stories seeming plausible enough to be real, so that the other stories that were truly off-the-wall were believed.
I searched The DP’s archives to find the Joke Issues for our time at Penn. But since the issues weren’t called “joke issue” in the paper, I only found one so far, the one from our senior year, which was published on March 30, 1993.
The joke stories on the front page:
- Hackeny Nixed for NEH Post
- Seinfeld to Speak to Grads
- U. May Sell Off High Rises
- Dorms to be Wired for Burglar Alarms
- First Daughter Sues “Street”
You can see the entire issue in The Daily Pennsylvanian’s archives.
Penn Class of 1993 Reunion Countdown
March 31 – April 1, 2017, marked 58 weeks until the 25th Reunion of the Penn Class of 1993 (May 11 – 13, 2018)!
Join us we count down the weeks to our reunion #93tothe25th:
- Do you have old photos or mementos from our time at Penn? Photos of Spring Fling? Football at Franklin Field? Classes at DRL? We are taking a trip down memory lane and would love for you to share your memories with our class in a future post. Please email us email@example.com!
- Follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Classmates are invited to join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups.