About Penn Serves LA
We invite the Penn community in Los Angeles (alumni, parents and kids) to join us at a future event, to help spread the word and to help us plan future activities. Join us, meet new Penn people, demonstrate what service means to your kids and friends, and help fellow Quakers make a little bit of difference in our complex city!
Upcoming Penn Serves LA events:
- December 6, 2015 – Midnight Mission – DTLA – SOLD OUT
- January 9, 2016 – Dress for Success – DTLA
- March 12, 2016 – LA Bunny Rescue Mobile Adoption – Culver City
- May 7, 2016 – Gardening at Heroes Golf Course at the VA – West side
- June 18, 2016 – Richstone Family Program – Hawthorne/South Bay
- September 10, 2016 – Read to Kids at ICEF School – DTLA
- November 12, 2016 – LA Kitchen – DTLA
If you have an established nonprofit that you would like us to consider for future events or announcements, please let us know. We are looking for new nonprofits to serve in meaningful ways.
Questions? Want to join our email list? Reach us at email@example.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
The Penn Serves LA Team
Jane Gutman, CW’73, PAR’14, PAR’16 | Denise Winner, W’83 | Leanne Huebner, W’90 | Kiera Reilly, C’93 | Aileen Level, C’99, GED’00 | Irene Park, C’05 | Jeff Weston, C’05
Penn Serves LA has many terrific projects for all ages on the calendar for the coming months.
Read about our previous events:
- September, 2015 – Penn Serves LA Reads to Kids
- July, 2015 – Penn Serves LA: Harvesting a Garden for Veterans
- June, 2015 – Penn Serves LA Spruces up a New Charter School
- June, 2015 – Penn Serves LA Has the Giving Spirit
- August, 2014 – Penn Serves LA Strikes Again: This Time with Paint!
- December, 2013 – Holidays are a Time for Giving
- November, 2013 – Sending Holiday Warmth to our Troops
- August and September, 2013 – Serving the Environment and LA Leadership Academy
- May, 2013 – One on One Outreach
- March, 2013 – Habitat for Humanity
- January, 2013 – Inner City Arts
- September, 2012 – The Midnight Mission
- June, 2012 – Turning Point Shelter
See the video about the WestSide Food Bank: