By Kiera Reilly, C’93
Photos contributed by Derek Braslow, Lisa Grabelle, Howard Levene, Wendy Spander, and Joel Yarbrough
Spring Fling weekend at Penn was a two-day festival held in April in the Quad. During the day there were food vendors, student performing arts groups and bands would sing or dance on a stage in the Lower Quad, and often there were games and other activities in the Upper Quad. At night there were concerts with popular bands or comedians performing in Irvine or Hill Field our senior year.
We remember fondly the fun we had at Fling each year, even though it seemed like it was often cold and wet. Amazingly, we have photos from Fling – and t-shirts – that our classmates shared with us. Take this trip down memory lane of Spring Fling 1990 – 1993.
Spring Fling our Freshman year was called, “Fling in Wonderland.”
Spring Fling’s theme in 1990 was, “the Wild Fling.”
Spring Fling Junior year was, “Mardi Gras at Penn.”
Our Senior year, it was a, “Three Ring Fling.”
Read our previous Spring Fling posts:
This year, for the first time since it began in the 70’s, Penn’s Spring Fling was moved to Penn Park and was only on one day. We wonder how the students of today will remember Fling. Do you remember Fling when you were a student?
Penn Class of 1993 25th Reunion Countdown
The weekend of April 13 – 14, marked 4 weeks until the 25th Reunion of the Penn Class of 1993 (May 11 – 14, 2018)! Meet us at the Button!
Join us we count down the weeks to our reunion #93tothe25th:
- Follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Classmates are invited to join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
- Donate to The Penn Fund in honor of our reunion! We want to break the 25th reunion participation giving record and every gift matters!
- Do you have old photos or mementos from our time at Penn? Photos of Spring Fling? Football at Franklin Field? Classes at DRL? We are taking a trip down memory lane and would love for you to share your memories with our class in a future post. Please email us email@example.com!
- Book your hotel room or AirBnB now! See our class website for details.