By Eli Faskha, ENG’93, W’93
Editor’s note: Eli found this treasure trove of academic memorabilia in his basement recently (along with a “pristine, never-read copy of the 1993 Record”), and shared a little about each item. Do current students do anything on paper anymore?!
- An old M&T Planning Guide – Every engineering student had to complete a Planning Guide and get approval from a faculty advisor. You would plan all the classes you would take during your college life! Back in the days, a College career required 32 credits, Wharton needed 36 credits, and Engineering, 40 credits (5 classes x 8 semesters). Management & Technology required 48 credits!
- A CSE 121 Mid-term – with questions in ML, a programming language created 45 years ago. The current CSE 121 teaches Java, created 2 years and 6 days after we graduated!
- The cover page of a Southeast Asia report – for Mgmt 234. That was one of our last group assignments, with Minal Damani, W’93, Mireya Kam, C’93, W’93, Andres Lopez, W’93, and Eli Faskha, ENG’93, W’93 as Wharton ’93 seniors. Just printing the cover page took a long time in those days in a first edition HP Deskjet Plus printer!
- My Microsoft Intern offer letter – I remember that out of all the interviews MS did on campus that year, they offered two internships, the other being David Hafken, C’93, ENG’93, who was my groupmate in several classes, and at Microsoft we ended up as roommates as well!
Have you gone down to your basement to look for any Penn photos or paper memories? Now is the time to sort through your boxes and storage and send your items to us!
Penn Class of 1993 25th Reunion Countdown
The weekend of October 6 – 7, 2017, marked 31 weeks until the 25th Reunion of the Penn Class of 1993 (May 11 – 14, 2018)!
Join us we count down the weeks to our reunion #93tothe25th:
- Do you have old photos or mementos from our time at Penn? Photos of Spring Fling? Football at Franklin Field? Classes at DRL? We are taking a trip down memory lane and would love for you to share your memories with our class in a future post. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Join our reunion committee – email Lisa Grabelle at email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Classmates are invited to join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM FOR ALUMNI WEEKEND NOW!
The Marriott Downtown (where we had a Penn 1993 and a Penn Alumni room block) is sold out for Alumni Weekend. There are alternative hotels. We recommend booking ASAP! Please see our class website for additional details.