Author: Alyssa D’Alconzo, GED ’04, GRD ’11
Warning: If you’re the type of person who doesn’t like to think about Christmas before Thanksgiving, you may not like this post. Because although there are still some brightly colored leaves on the trees on College Green and the holiday lights haven’t been fully illuminated on Locust Walk, we are already preparing for spring in Alumni Education!
Ready for a sneak peek of future webinars and events? Read on!
[If not, you can visit us online whenever you’re ready at http://www.alumni.upenn.edu/education/ :)]
Just as they do for current students, Penn Alumni Office Hours provide a forum to ask in-depth questions and explore points of interest with professors outside of the classroom. These live, interactive webinars offer an exclusive opportunity to engage in dialogue with Penn professors without leaving your home or office. Next semester, we are featuring four of Penn’s dynamic faculty members, who will focus on a topic or issue of their choice.
- January 28, 2014 (Noon-1pm ET): Dr. Laura Perna, Professor of Higher Education, Graduate School of Education
- February 19, 2014 (Noon-1pm ET): Dr. Sharonna Pearl, Assistant Professor of Communication, Annenberg School for Communication
- March 27, 2014 (Noon-1pm ET): Dr. Margo Brooks Carthon, Assistant Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing
- April 10, 2014 (Noon-1pm ET): Dr. Mark Duggan, Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy, Professor of Health Care Management, Wharton School
Penn Alumni Travel Webinars:
You can also learn from Penn faculty members during our Alumni Travel Webinar Series! Upcoming presentations include “The Art and Culture of Cuba”, “The History of Vienna and Prague”, and more! For a full list and to register, visit http://www.alumni.upenn.edu/travel/enews.html
Penn to You:
Penn to You is designed to bring Penn alumni, parents, and friends together for an evening of intellectual and social engagement. More information about these events and those still yet to be scheduled will be online soon!
- February 5, 2014: Atlanta
- February 6, 2014: Miami
- April 1, 2014: London
And, of course, we’ll help with the panels and lectures that add to parade and picnic festivities at Alumni Weekend 2014!
- May 16-19, 2014
Join us on Facebook for Penn Alumni Travel and Education updates!