Author: Emilie C. K. LaRosa
Penn faculty are are known for their dedication to students, but many of them are equally dedicated to the Penn Alumni population–lecturing at regional clubs, presenting online webinars, or giving tours during Homecoming Weekend. To support and encourage our faculty’s work with Penn Alumni, we are excited to announce a new faculty honor: The Faculty Award of Merit presented by Penn Alumni.
The award will recognize those faculty members who have made outstanding contributions to alumni education and engagement at Penn by sharing their unique scholarship work with the alumni community. Special emphasis will be placed on faculty members who go above and beyond the call of duty by engaging alumni with the University as their intellectual home. The new Faculty Award of Merit will be presented, for the first time, at the 2014 Penn Alumni Volunteer Leadership Retreat in February. All Penn alumni, faculty, and staff are welcome to submit a nomination before October 15, 2013 HERE.
Other criteria for the award includes:
- Exceeds the expectations of their University appointment by engaging with Penn alumni through a variety of educational and enrichment programs and opportunities.
- Embodies the mission of Penn Alumni to inspire, develop, and maintain alumni interest in and engagement with the University by sharing his or her unique scholarship work with the alumni community.
- Sets a high standard for faculty outreach and engagement within the alumni community.
- Sustains their service to Penn Alumni for a minimum of three years. Serves as a University ambassador to the Penn alumni community.
- Acts as an enthusiastic partner to the Alumni Relations office in engaging the Penn alumni community through planning, marketing, and participation in alumni programs.
The awardee will receive $2,500 and a formal citation. This is a great opportunity to honor those faculty members who have made a difference in your life as a Penn alumnus and in your alumni community. So nominate a Penn professor today!